Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hail and Well Met!



Yesterday, my sister and I took the kids to the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire. We've been going since our Aunt took us in the 1970's. This was the kid's first trip to this faire. They've been to a much smaller version. I had to make them all new costumes because they hadn't been to a faire since they were about 4 years old. They looked really cute (if I do say so myself) and got lots of compliments.



We have two favorite shows- Broon !



Kieran was picked to be Broon's helper.




And MooNIE the Magnif'Cent. The underwear goes with a lively little diddy called "Sweaty Man Panties".

At the joust Kendra presented her favor to the Knight she was cheering for.




Alas, Sir William perished.



The kids shot crossbows, lobbed tomatoes at a man in stocks, cheered at the joust, ate, drank and were generally merry.










And the faire has wonderful child care when the grown ups need to go and grab a quiet moment and a Guinness.



1 comment:

Paschool said...

OMG!!! The work that went into those outfits is MAGNIFICENT!!!!! I can't even imagine having the time or energy to do that with my four (five if we count Sebastian)!!! I applaud you!!! It looks like it was SO much fun!!

Hugs
Jann