Sunday, October 19, 2008

Your Kids Rock!


Last night we went to a Gaelic Storm concert. I was able to set up a performance by four of our Irish Dance school's best dancers. They danced twice in front of the band. They were so amazingly good it almost made we cry. I was so proud of them and they aren't even my kids. Although I did get to be stand-in Mom for the night. I've noticed over the last 18 months that the kids have been dancing, that in general, the kids at our Irish Dance school are really good people. They are polite and have good morals and their values seem to be in the right place. They can and will (without being forced) carry on a conversation with me-an adult-an old lady-yuck. I'm not sure why, maybe just the structure of being an Irish dancer? And I don't know if it's true of all Irish dance schools or just ours. Whatever, it's a nice change to the usual attitude of teenagers today. I bet they are all going to turn out to be very good adults too. I really like the Comerford kids.

No comments: