Monday, October 8, 2007

Mick knows best?


"Kids are different today,"






I hear ev'ry mother say







Mother needs something today to calm her down








And though she's not really ill





There's a little yellow pill







She goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper






And it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day.





It's dinner time. "Kyle, where's Kieran?" "He's climbing the shed." "Whaattttt!?!"




Kieran did this all by himself, then called me to take pictures of him. Yes, very impressive. It's the taking pictures while trying to control my urge to yell something along the lines of, "don't run with scissors", "you'll poke your eye out with that stick", "if Johnny Milligan jumped off a cliff....." All those things somebodies Mother said.



Kieran is amazing. His brain works in mysterious ways but he exhausts me. Thank goodness for Guinness and Preference by L'Oreal.

1 comment:

Deborah Halverson said...

I can completely hear that argument going on in your head . . . but I love you for choosing to take the photos. You go, Mom.